SNMP v3, v2c, v1 C++ Library and MIB Compiler
The new Secure SNMP Builder (SSB) v4.0 for Microsoft unmanaged C++ is SNMP v3 standard compliant and is
compatible with SNMP v1 and v2c.
The MIB Compiler with a friendly and flexible graphic user
interface allows the quick and easy accomplishment of the MIB compilation
process. A programmer can determine the correct order of MIBs to compile in a matter of
seconds using powerful built-in error processing and file search facilities. The final
step of the MIB compilation process is generation of C++ header files with MIB object
The MIB Compiler enables SNMP object references to use symbolic names. This makes programming
easier and simplifies the software maintenance and modification process.
New, efficient, simple to use and versatile methods have been added to make software development even easier and more pleasant.
Multiple asynchronous table retrieval and MIB tree walk processes can run concurrently
dramatically reducing the time required to poll huge networks. The SNMP C++ class
library is designed to make programming simpler hiding all the complexities and special conditions, such as:
- MIB Compiler
- SNMP unmanaged C++ Class Library v4.0 supporting SNMP v3, v2c and v1
- Guide and Reference Manual
SSB comes with detailed documentation and carefully designed examples. The extensive
programming guide illustrates all the aspects, features and pitfalls of using class library
objects, methods and properties to achieve maximum performance, reliability and flexibility
of the software being developed.
- sparse tables (the tables with some items missing)
- inability of some agents to return a complete row in single request because of PDU size limitations
- table row inconsistency when a table is rapidly changing
- the necessity to code both get-next and get-bulk for optimal performance, etc.
Copyright © 1996-2012 LogiSoft AR Inc. All Rights Reserved.